10 x 1985 Taylors Vintage Port For Sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Mattjobbers
Cruz Ruby

10 x 1985 Taylors Vintage Port For Sale

Post by Mattjobbers »

Dear All,

Excuse anything which is deemed 'poor form' as am new to the forum. I have 10 bottles of 1985 Taylors Vintage Port to sell and would rather the bottles went to port lovers, like yourselves, plus could do without the hassle of going through ebay / amazon / gumtree etc!

The bottles were a christening present, however I am looking to sell to raise money for a trip to Aus for a friends wedding. Open to offers for individual bottles or all 10. The crate is unopened, however I am keeping 2 to consume with my family. The bottles are still in original crate and have not been moved since receipt of them in 1985. Situated in Surrey.

Please contact me on jobbers99@hotmail.com or 07843594095 if interested.

Many thanks,

Matthew
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: 10 x 1985 Taylors Vintage Port For Sale

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Matthew,

I think it was a good idea to post this into a seperate thread.

You should be aware that there is a quite a lot of Taylor 1985 around in the market at the moment, but you might be lucky and achieve something in the order of £30-40 per bottle. It is a tasty port that is drinking really nicely at the moment.

You might find someone on this board who is interested in buying the port from you. If not, try a local auction house and also a local wine merchant.

Best of luck.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.