1934 Niepoort Colheita Porto

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Davidson
Cruz Ruby

1934 Niepoort Colheita Porto

Post by Davidson »

Please forgive me for my intrusion onto this forum, I have aquired a bottle of 1934 Niepoort Colheita Porto and would like to sell it.

Would anyone have any advice as to how to go about it or indeed would anyone be interested in it?

Regards

Peter Davidson
John M
Fonseca LBV

Re: 1934 Niepoort Colheita Porto

Post by John M »

Hi Peter:

it would be helpful to know the provenance of the bottle and also where you are in the world (it can be general).

Thanks.
Davidson
Cruz Ruby

Post by Davidson »

Hi sorry, this is outside my area of expearience, the bottle came from a house clearance and that is all I know of its history, I now realise that that isnt going to help its value very much.

I am based in the south of the UK.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

Hi Peter,

a foto of the bottle would help. On the newer bottlings you have the bottling year on the label. Well it is not a label, but the painted writings. Before this you could have ENG or BTL. Since my father is born this year, I did have this port quite often, last time together with Luis Seabra, Dirk Niepoorts enologist, at Quinta Nova, very polite of him to bring a bottle. This is a brilliant Colheita and although it most likely has spent some 10-30 years in the bottle you can expect to have a very intense, structured and enjoyable Port.

If you do not find someone in the forum, you might wait another 1,5 years and then sell it on ebay, since the Port will turn 80 in 2014.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com