Selling?

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
rcegreen
Cruz Ruby

Selling?

Post by rcegreen »

Hello All,
new to the forum and not at all sure that this is the correct way so please excuse the possible blunders:-

4X Dows 1960, Labels missing wax impressed.
2X Grahams 1963. 9X Grahams 1966.
10X Offley 1970 Boa Vista

All into the neck and no sign of leakage.
Any interest please leave a message or phone 07855463198.
Thankyou.
Bob.
Zelandakh
Taylor’s LBV

Re: Selling?

Post by Zelandakh »

Price, length of tenure, storage conditions with you and previous owners, sourced from and location would be handy.

A 1963 bottle stored in the airing cupboard for 30 years is worth about a pound.
Nick
-----
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by RAYC »

Agreed - the more information you can provide the better (e.g.: about where these have been stored for the last 30 years) - you certainly have some nice bottles on offer!

That way, you may get some offers from this board, you can then compare those with what you might be able to get from a wine merchant (or the reserve recommended at an auction appraisal), and then decide whether you want to sell.
Rob C.
rcegreen
Cruz Ruby

Post by rcegreen »

Thanks to those who replied and my apologies for the delay.
The bottles were all bought from Fosters bonded warehouse at Thyborough near Rotherham in 1976 and since then have been racked and covered at ambient temperature in a garage, They have been moved very carefully on two occasions, last move 2008.
The prices are open to negotiation but would like to see c.£90/btl.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

rcegreen wrote:The bottles were all bought from Fosters bonded warehouse at Thyborough near Rotherham in 1976 and since then have been racked and covered at ambient temperature in a garage
Bob,

This isn't good news. Ambient temperature in a garage in Chesterfield means these wines have been subjected to seasonal fluctuations from around -10C to +20C and daily fluctuations of perhaps 10-15C over a period of 36 years. I know that because I have owned a garage in Chesterfield for the past 12 years. That is just about the worst storage conditions you could wish for with the exception of constantly high temperatures.
rcegreen wrote:would like to see c.£90/btl.
I would be stunned if anyone here would offer that amount of money for wines of this provenance. To be honest, I think they are probably worth less than half of that price given the storage history.

I will send you an email with a suggestion that might be of interest.

Regards
Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Mattjobbers
Cruz Ruby

Selling

Post by Mattjobbers »

Dear All,

Excuse anything which is deemed 'poor form' as am new to the forum. I have 10 bottles of 1985 Taylors Vintage Port to sell and would rather the bottles went to port lovers, like yourselves, plus could do without the hassle of going through ebay / amazon / gumtree etc!

The bottles were a christening present, however I am looking to sell to raise money for a trip to Aus for a friends wedding. Open to offers for individual bottles or all 10. The crate ius unopened, however I am keeping 2 to consume with my family. The bottles are still in original crate and have not been moved since receipt of them in 1985. Situated in Surrey.

Please contact me on jobbers99@hotmail.com or 07843594095 if interested.

Many thanks,

Matthew