1970 vintage dows port for sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
beefyjakes
Cruz Ruby

1970 vintage dows port for sale

Post by beefyjakes »

Hi my name is Gareth

My grandad left me 15 bottles of 1970 vintage dows port, and I'm looking to sell them.
Since 1970 they have been in a cellar laid on there side the labels are fully intact.
I'm looking for offers. I also have two bottles of 1970 vintage warrs port aswell
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 1970 vintage dows port for sale

Post by g-man »

where abouts are you located?
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Hi Gareth,

g-man has asked the first obvious question, which will very much influence the price you can hope to achieve for the bottles.

The next question relates to the condition of the bottles. Are any of them showing signs of leakage? What is the fill level? Have they been stored is a cool dark place for 40 years?

1970 Dow is a seriously good vintage port. The price people will pay is very much dependent on the provenance/condition of the bottles so the more information you can give us the better it is for all of us.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
beefyjakes
Cruz Ruby

Post by beefyjakes »

Hi g man and Derek

The bottles have been stored in a cellar for forty year and are now in my garage on there side, there is no sign of leakage and the level as far as I can see is up in the neck.
I'm in.biggleswade which is in Bedfordshire