9 Bottles of Vintage Port For Sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
lrl
Cruz Ruby

9 Bottles of Vintage Port For Sale

Post by lrl »

I have 9 bottles of Vintage Port for sale. They are located in Sarasota, Florida. They are in excellent shape; all have been stored in a temperature controlled wine storage facility since I purchased them from a retailer years ago. Details follow: (a) 2 bottles of 1980 Taylor Fladgate; (b) 5 bottles of 1977 Taylor Fladgate; (c) 1 bottle of 1977 Smith Woodhouse; and (d) 1 bottle of 1977 Grahams. I would like to sell them as a group to one purchaser and will consider reasonable offers.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 9 Bottles of Vintage Port For Sale

Post by Andy Velebil »

Hi Irl,
As one of the few USA based folks here I'll chime in. First, the bottles location at this time of year makes shipping very problematic. Most areas, sans the northeast which seems to be perpetually frozen lately, is now entering the "Too hot to ship" season. So that will make selling them at the moment a little harder. As far as your bottles go, I'd recommend trying to contact an auction house, such as Heritage or Hart Davis Hart, as that would probably get you the most money (even after sellers premium is deducted). Or if you are in no hurry, to wait until later in the year when you can easily ship from Florida to somewhere else in the States.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

I have sent a message to some of our USA-located friends, who might (and might not) reply.
differentdave
Fonseca LBV

Post by differentdave »

I concur with Andy, I may be a buyer but not until fall. Overnight shipping is to expensive. What do you consider to be a reasonable offer (retail, wine searcher low, wine searcher low plus 20% off)?
SushiNorth
Martinez 1985

Post by SushiNorth »

Notified a friend in FL, thanks for posting!
JoshDrinksPort
Image Port wine should perhaps be added -- A Trollope