I dont know anything about port and would like some help

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Rwright71
Cruz Ruby

I dont know anything about port and would like some help

Post by Rwright71 »

Hi there

I was gifted some bottles of port when i was born and now need some extra funds and was thinking of selling these on.

I have been looking online but most of the websites want me to put in a year, this is where i struggled as i only have a couple of bottles with a year on.

Can any of you out there please help, i will take some photos and upload them asap.

Thanks
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: I dont know anything about port and would like some help

Post by PhilW »

Hi, and welcome to :tpf:; we can certainly try and help identify and understand what you have, if you're able to post some images.

It would also be worth saying where you are located, and how/where the bottles have been stored, to help assess the bottles and provide advice on possible selling options. If you haven't seen it already, I would suggest also having a read through our standard advice to sellers , which discusses many of the issues and options, as well as to help set realistic expectations.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: I dont know anything about port and would like some help

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

With some photos of the bottles we will absolutely be able to help you.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.