Case of Warres vintage 1985

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
AlexG
Cruz Ruby

Case of Warres vintage 1985

Post by AlexG »

Hello ladies and gents!

I have this case of 1985 Warres to sell, it was given to me as a christening present in 1991 and has been stored in my cellar since, I must admit I'm not a port drinker and I haven't seen the person who gave it to me since they gave it, so no real loss to me :roll:

Downsides that I can see is that the crate has a message on it in permanent marker. And the case is unopened so I'm not entirely sure what the labels are like.

I've had a price of £400 offered by The London Wine Cellar, but as of yet they haven't got back to me in regards to a couple of questions I had.

I'm based in Holmfirth W. Yorks.

Thanks for reading, Alex.

Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: Case of Warres vintage 1985

Post by Glenn E. »

Retail value for that case looks like it's running around £600, so an offer of £400 from a merchant seems fairly reasonable to me. Based on the £600 retail price, that's also roughly what I'd expect to see from a private transaction.

It's a good Port. A shame that you're not a Port drinker, as that'd be my advice - drink it yourself!
Glenn Elliott
AlexG
Cruz Ruby

Re: Case of Warres vintage 1985

Post by AlexG »

Thank you Glenn for the helpful reply, and the price range I should hope to see. I'd be more than happy to see offers in that region, I've got some home improvement projects that this would certainly help kickstart!