Sandeman Tawny Port

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Minime
Cruz Ruby

Sandeman Tawny Port

Post by Minime »

Hi, I have 1 bottle of Sandeman Tawny port Bottled 1990 for sale with the case if anybody is interested?
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Sandeman Tawny Port

Post by jdaw1 »

Sorry, news OK and bad. It will be pleasant Port, which might even be good. But it’s perhaps worth £10.

I suggest drinking it, or giving it to a friend.
Minime
Cruz Ruby

Post by Minime »

That's a shame, similar types of port and age appear to be going for £50 plus on ebay
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Minime wrote:That's a shame, similar types of port and age appear to be going for £50 plus on ebay
Your description is lacking for a proper valuation. Can you post a picture of the bottle? That would help greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Minime wrote: 21:44 Mon 27 Mar 2017That's a shame, similar types of port and age appear to be going for £50 plus on ebay
If that's the case then you have something more special than a basic Sandeman Tawny bottled in 1990.

Tawny port is an entry level port. You can buy it today from supermarkets for around £10 per bottle. Tawny port is blended by the manufacturer to be drunk shortly after being bottled and is not intended to be aged - and actually deteriorates with age although rarely to the point where it is undrinkable.

There are variations on tawny port - 10 Year Old Tawny, 20 Year Old Tawny etc. These are more expensive than the basic Tawny as they are blended from older stocks of wine.

A picture would really help us to advise you what your options are, but if your bottle really is a basic Sandeman Tawny bottled 1990 and you see these selling on eBay for £50 then my strong advice would be to sell on eBay as someone is paying way above the market value for this bottle.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.