For Sale: 10 Bottles of 1963 Royal Oporto Vintage Port

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
JonathanRichardWhite
Cruz Ruby

For Sale: 10 Bottles of 1963 Royal Oporto Vintage Port

Post by JonathanRichardWhite »

Dear all,

I have recently been fortunate enough to stumble across 12 bottles of 1963 Royal Oporto Vintage Port.

Of course bing a great lover of port, however also in desperate need of some cash, I have decided to keep a few bottles and sell on the remaining 10 bottles.

I would greatly appreciate your advice on what you think the port is worth, and if anyone may be interested in buying it. I can see retail values range from £150-200 per bottle.

Kind Regards

Jonathan White

P.S. I will attach pictures should there be interest in buying directly.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: For Sale: 10 Bottles of 1963 Royal Oporto Vintage Port

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Being a '63 baby I am quite familiar with most of the '63 ports, including the Royal Opprto. Sadly, the few occasions I have drunk the Royal Oporto '63 I have been rather unimpressed - there are others available for broadly the same price which are much better drinking.

In terms of current value for the 10 bottles you're thinking of selling I'd suggest going the auction route. With a bit of luck you might net £300 for the 10 bottles, perhaps a little more.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: For Sale: 10 Bottles of 1963 Royal Oporto Vintage Port

Post by DRT »

My impressions of this Port are very much in line with AHB's. The three tasting notes we have on :tpf: do not paint a pretty picture.

I don't think these bottles are worth anywhere near what they sell for (or rather are listed for) at retail price and are more in line with what AHB suggests.

Sorry, not good news but it is what it is :roll:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn