A case of 1960 Port for sale....

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
AlbertLester
Cruz Ruby

A case of 1960 Port for sale....

Post by AlbertLester »

Gentlemen

For Sale 1 Dozen - Cockburn 1960.

Hello, I am new to the forum and I have a case of port that I would like to sell. It was given to me by my Godfather many years ago and is a case of Cockburns 1960 from Grants of St. James. I picked the case up in the early 1990s from storage and its been stored in a cool dry place and out of the light ever since. I have the original letter of purchase from my Godfather. Most of the bottles have their labels but some do not.

I will take some photos of the case and bottles tomorrow (I have to get to them first..... that is going to be a task in itself).

I can supply the original invoice number for Grants of St James in Burton on Trent..... bond number etc.

Albert Lester
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: A case of 1960 Port for sale....

Post by PhilW »

Hi Albert, welcome to TPF. When you post the photos, can you also please let us know roughly where you are located?
AlbertLester
Cruz Ruby

Post by AlbertLester »

Ofcourse, my account settings do not allow the choice of entering my location at the moment? But the Tigers and King Richard III should give you a clue :D
AlbertLester
Cruz Ruby

Post by AlbertLester »

Hello

Without wishing to disturb the case I have taken two bottles out.....
CPR 1
Graham’s Malvedos 1996

Post by CPR 1 »

Albert - Thanks for the photo, were you able to see the levels of the port in the bottle when you took them out at all? - A bright torch i.e. on your phone usually works.

Thanks

Charles
AlbertLester
Cruz Ruby

Post by AlbertLester »

Charles

I shall have a go. The bottles were only really disturbed in the mid 1990s..... 1. delivery from Grants 2. One house move. Ever since then they have lived in a constant cool dark environment. I shall come back to you shortly.
AlbertLester
Cruz Ruby

Post by AlbertLester »

Here is the level of Port in one of the bottles picked at random.....

CPR 1
Graham’s Malvedos 1996

Post by CPR 1 »

Thanks for the phtos and info Albert - I have sent you a PM