Quinta do Noval. Vintage various years.

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
ThePortLover45
Cruz Ruby

Quinta do Noval. Vintage various years.

Post by ThePortLover45 »

I have the following for sale; 1960, 2 Bottles., 1963, 1 Case., 1966, 2 Bottles., 1970, 3 Bottles., 1970, Nacional 2 Bottles stored in loft, laid down at least 25 Years ago. Located in Liverpool UK. Comments Interest appreciated
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Quinta do Noval. Vintage various years.

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Vintage port is a pretty tough wine and can take a certain amount of abuse. Sadly, the extreme range of temperature fluctuation that you experience in a normal loft cavity over 25 years is likely to have turned these potentially beautiful ports into something that resembles barley-sugar flavoured water. They will probably not cause anyone who drinks them harm, but neither will they deliver the wonderful experience that mature Quinta do Noval vintage port is capable of delivering.

I'm sorry to be the one who breaks the bad news, but their value is likely to be negligible. You could try drinking one of them to see if I am wrong and you get a delicious port in your glass, or you could try cooking with them to see whether they deliver a great sauce or reduction.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.