Cellar Defenders

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Cellar Defenders

Post by DRT »

JB vintage wrote:Ill take the last one if you got a sainsbury left. I'll PM you
Sorry, all the Sainsbury ports have gone. The only case left is six bottles of the Tesco 1994 for £75 but I suspect it would cost at least the same amount for you to have it delivered as it would to buy?

This port has variable reviews here on :tpf: so please be sure you are happy with that before agreeing to buy.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

DRT wrote:
LGTrotter wrote:Just got a lovely delivery from Mr Seckford.

With the grateful thanks of the people :lol:
A very nice man that Mr Seckford is for sure.
The real hero here is you Mr T.
DRT wrote:The only case left is six bottles of the Tesco 1994 for £75 but I suspect it would cost at least the same amount for you to have it delivered as it would to buy?

This port has variable reviews here on :tpf: so please be sure you are happy with that before agreeing to buy.
You're not selling it here Derek, point out that you can't buy a 94 port anywhere for £15 a bottle. Then hint about Quarles Harris before sifting :tpf: for the best notes.

I would of course buy it myself if I didn't already have three cases of the elderberry soup to get through...
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I have just realised my mistake. Perhaps the Tesco 94 should be given out a bottle at a time to those who bought the other stuff?

Now then, who was first to step up? :roll:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

DRT wrote:I have just realised my mistake. Perhaps the Tesco 94 should be given out a bottle at a time to those who bought the other stuff?
Hide one bottle in each of their cases, but don't tell anyone?