Magnum of Taylor's LBV 1974 in unopened wooden box

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
devondory
Cruz Ruby

Magnum of Taylor's LBV 1974 in unopened wooden box

Post by devondory »

hi everyone I have an unopened magnum of Taylor's LBV 1974 in a wooden presentation box also unopened. I have had this for 30 odd years and it seems a shame for it to just be sat on my shelf, I am not really a port drinker. It was a christening gift so not really sure I want to sell it or if there would even be any interest. I will probably keep it on the off chance my boyfriend ever proposes, it would be nice to share a glass with my Godfather who bought it for me. I just wanted a little info on value and quality really if any of you can help
Thanks
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Magnum of Taylor's LBV 1974 in unopened wooden box

Post by jdaw1 »

It’s value is about zero†, not helped by it being kept too warm. But you have a purpose for it: when a boyfriend proposes, it has lasted as long as a marriage should, so share it then. And if it isn’t in perfect shape, cook with it — cooking with alcohol helps a marriage as well as the food.

† 1974 LBV too warm? £15 for a bottle? So £40 for a magnum. Save it for the proposal.