1945 A. A. Ferreira For Sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
VeniVidiViti
Cruz Ruby

1945 A. A. Ferreira For Sale

Post by VeniVidiViti »

I have a bottle of 1945 A. A. Ferreira Port that I would like to sell on behalf of the owner, whose husband acquired it at the end of the Second World War and who has now sadly passed away. The bottle has been kept well and the wine level is very good. The seal is intact with no leakage and, I understand, aside from bringing it to me, it has moved only once or twice in the last 70 years.

The wine is currently in Sussex, UK. A picture is attached (box is not original), more can be provided if required.

Please contact me if you would like to know more or make an offer.
1945_port.JPG
1945_port.JPG (88.68 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 1945 A. A. Ferreira For Sale

Post by jdaw1 »

VeniVidiViti wrote:The wine is currently in Sussex, UK.
I’m not going to be the purchaser. But my father lives close to Cuckfield in West Sussex. If it would suit the vendor to deliver to there, I’d be happy to collect from there for onward delivery.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Could you say a little more about the way and where it has been stored over the last 60 years please? It appears to be quite a clean bottle so my guess is that it has not been lying in a cold, damp Sussex cellar for all that time.

Thank you.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
VeniVidiViti
Cruz Ruby

Post by VeniVidiViti »

I've spoken to the bottle's owner and she isn't all that clear on where the wine was kept as it was her husband's bottle - she is quite elderly. She did tell me that it was always kept lying down and that he was "quite particular" about not letting anyone move it. They have moved house twice since they have had the wine. She thinks it was kept at the bottom of their wine rack in a box, this was not in a cellar or temperature-controlled environment but in the cupboard under the stairs. I'm afraid that's all I know.
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

You have a PM.