Staying at Quinta de la Rosa

Post your experiences of travel, especially for the Douro region. Make recommendations for places to stay and visit or ask advice from those that have already been there.
Christopher
Niepoort LBV

Staying at Quinta de la Rosa

Post by Christopher »

I spent 3 nights in the Douro and for the first time stayed at Quinta de la Rosa.
I thoroughly recommend it and will certainly be staying again. The rooms are excellent, all with views of the river. Comfortable beds and nice decor. Some of the rooms have two floors so you can leave all your wine out downstairs and then retire up to a clutter free bedroom.
Last May they opened a new restaurant, very stylish , high ceilings with big retractable doors opening up onto a balcony all overlooking the river.
The food was excellent- Octupus in particular was excelent, we had dinner twice there and the breakfast leaves one fighting fit- excellent marmalade. Staff all very friendly - nothing is too much.
The wine list is based on de la Rosa products with a nice variety of older wines, they also have a 60 and 63 at fair prices and I very much enjoyed the 63 - these you can only buy in the restaurant.
Sophia Bergqvist was very interested in meeting all the guests and chatted to people over dinner answering any questions. It made one feel very welcome.
The walk into Pinhao is very easy, taxis of course available in Pinhao if you have had a particularly strenuous day.
In summary a great place to stay when needing a base in the Douro. I cannot believe I have been visiting the Douro for over 10 years and have never been!
JB vintage
Quinta do Noval LBV

Re: Staying at Quinta de la Rosa

Post by JB vintage »

Good to know you liked it. I have never been there.
TLW
Quinta do Noval LBV

Re: Staying at Quinta de la Rosa

Post by TLW »

Having stayed there last month, I can also say that the Quinta de la Rosa is a very pleasant place. We got the last room for the time that we were there, and it was quite comfortable. The restaurant is very good, breakfast was nice, and the staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. Would be delighted to stay there again.

Some very enjoyable walks in the neighborhood.