Winebar in Oproto

Post your experiences of travel, especially for the Douro region. Make recommendations for places to stay and visit or ask advice from those that have already been there.
/2alph
Warre’s Warrior

Winebar in Oproto

Post by /2alph »

Can anybody recommend a winebar or restaurant next to the douro river in Oporto where i can enjoy some good VP?
Thank you for your hints.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: Winebar in Oproto

Post by Glenn E. »

Next to? Or with a view? Due to the sloped hillsides, you can get some pretty great views without actually being next to the river.

The Yeatman is expensive, but has a great view of the river and Pont Dom Luis I. I only ate at the Taylor Lodge before the Yeatman was built, so don't know if the restaurant is still there, but when I ate there the view from the patio was spectacular and the food was reasonable.

At the other end of VNdG, the Graham's Lodge also has a great view of the river.

If you actually want something right on the river, then you'll want one of the (many) restaurants in VNdG on the waterfront. They're all pretty decent, even the ones that look like towed-in trailers that someone parked there permanently. There are also cafes on the Porto side in the Ribeira district, but they're more casual and I can't vouch for their Port selections.
Glenn Elliott
JB vintage
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by JB vintage »

Portologia
StuartC
Cheap Ruby

Post by StuartC »

Kopke's tasting room.

Close to Pont Luis I bridge, unobstructed view over Douro, best view of Porto, excellent vintage (and other) ports.