For the love of port website

Anything to do with Port.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

For the love of port website

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

The FTLOP site has been down all day - did I miss an announcement saying it was undergoing some maintenance this weekend?
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: For the love of port website

Post by LGTrotter »

I am not sure that we are allowed to name it. Or like 'the mickel Diel' himself he will appear. 'The other place' would be an alternative. Perhaps Derek being so argumentative has caused it to collapse into a pool of tears.

Or do I mean 'muckle Diel'?

No idea.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Yes a large maintenance is going on. Should be back up and running soon.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

LGTrotter wrote:Perhaps Derek being so argumentative has caused it to collapse into a pool of tears.
Not sure who that guy is. He seems to enjoy arguing with sensitive types from the former colonies.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

LGTrotter wrote:I am not sure that we are allowed to name it.
Correct rule, wrong direction. On this BB all non-spam links are welcomed, especially if Port-relevant. Certain other websites require their users to pretend that they have a monopoly.

Indeed, this BB even has emoticons for :ftlop: :poltf: :ws:
CaliforniaBrad
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by CaliforniaBrad »

The new site looks nice, can't wait to see the new board.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

jdaw1 wrote:
LGTrotter wrote:I am not sure that we are allowed to name it.
Correct rule, wrong direction.
You mean I couldn't mention :tpf: on :ftlop: ? If true it suggests a neediness which I have suspected for some time. But I forget my manners, I know that there are many here use :ftlop: as do I. Although I am not a registered user as I was irked by having to join just to look at the tasting note database. And I am sticking to my principles, such as they are.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

AHB wrote:The FTLOP site has been down all day - did I miss an announcement saying it was undergoing some maintenance this weekend?
I didn't see an announcement but I know there has been a major upgrade in the pipeline for some time.
Ernest H. Cockburn
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

There is/was an announcement on the main page. There is a note on the forum as well stating it is down.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Should be back up and running, sans the cute girl on the home page :oops:

There will be more work being done to it over the next week or two. So it may go down periodically during that time.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

Andy Velebil wrote:Should be back up and running, sans the cute girl on the home page :oops:
I saw that last night and thought it was pretty funny. :lol: Though my first reaction was that FTLOP had been hacked, and then my second reaction was "why on earth would anyone bother to hack ftlop.com???"
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Glenn E. wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:Should be back up and running, sans the cute girl on the home page :oops:
I saw that last night and thought it was pretty funny. :lol: Though my first reaction was that FTLOP had been hacked, and then my second reaction was "why on earth would anyone bother to hack ftlop.com???"
Trust me, like any website, we've been hacked in the past. Just not this time. There was an issue with our provider. It should be mostly resolved. Some people may need to refresh their browser to clear it and see the site again. And it appears to be working slower from some. By that I mean at least one person I know is still seeing the dating website, I am no longer and all is working fine for me now. I assure everyone it's being worked on as we speak.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

Andy Velebil wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:
Trust me, like any website, we've been hacked in the past. Just not this time. There was an issue with our provider. It should be mostly resolved. Some people may need to refresh their browser to clear it and see the site again. And it appears to be working slower from some. By that I mean at least one person I know is still seeing the dating website, I am no longer and all is working fine for me now. I assure everyone it's being worked on as we speak.
I just looked and it's back to normal for me. Over the weekend I could see the changes for a while, but those are now gone.

I had difficulty posting over the weekend. A couple of posts have disappeared, but they weren't important so it isn't a big deal.
Glenn Elliott
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I'm still seeing the dating site even if I re-load the browser. These things can take 24 hours to propagate around the world's DNS servers.
Ernest H. Cockburn
Roy Hersh
Niepoort LBV

Post by Roy Hersh »

Sorry the site was down. We tried to launch our new website and had some technical glitch prevent that from happening. Will be towards the end of next week. Some cool new features including a collaboration with one of the key Port enthusiasts on this Forum.

For those with the nice comments above, if you saw my recent newsletter, TPF was mentioned prominently in there and it was written long before this thread. Six-seven years later, it is time to "let go". :mrgreen:
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

An update has been posted on FTLOP to confirm that the site will go down tonight, presumably EST "tonight" and will be up and down periodically throughout this week and over the weekend.
Ernest H. Cockburn
Roy Hersh
Niepoort LBV

Post by Roy Hersh »

After a very intensive weekend, the maintenance is now 100% complete and the NEW :ftlop: has been launched LIVE ... now!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

[url=http://www.fortheloveofport.com/ftlopforum/viewtopic.php?p=93782#p93782]On [img]http://www.theportforum.com/images/smilies/ftlop.gif[/img][/url] jdaw1 wrote:The old logo, of a bottle lying down, Image, seems to have gone, and been replaced with a new three-bottle arrangement. FTLoP hence needs a new icon, which should also be used as a favicon (the 16×16 picture appearing next to the URL).

A first draft: Image

I admit to not loving the first draft, but that is the nature of a first draft. Suggested improvements welcomed from anybody but the final decision is Roy’s and his alone.

(The draft is in .GIF format, for use as an image on a page. To use it as a favicon it will have to be converted to .ICO, which can be done once the design has been approved.)
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

:poltf: / Image is down. This has been reported by email to the obvious three.
FTLOP wrote:[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home2/oporto/public_html/tndb/tndb_utils.inc on line 958: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'oporto_wrdp1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
TNDB:Unable to connect to DB:
Edit: and all five are working on it.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

It's up and running now. Thanks for letting us know Julian :)
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

[url=http://www.fortheloveofport.com/ftlopforum/viewtopic.php?p=93971#p93971]Here on [img]http://www.jdawiseman.com/2014/20140215_ftlop_favicon_26.gif[/img][/url] jdaw1 wrote:
Roy Hersh, by private message, wrote:26 is my favorite. No question about it.
So we have a decision: Image it is.

The files are at:
Image www.jdawiseman.com/2014/20140215_ftlop_favicon_26.gif
Image www.jdawiseman.com/2014/20140215_ftlop_favicon_26.ico

Please use the former for on-page graphics, in particular, as a emoticon. Please could the emoticon not have the BBcode :ftlop: as changing the meaning of that BBcode would edit the posts of people who have used it. Perhaps :ftlop2014: would be acceptable. Though the old graphic could cease to appear on the list of emoticons.