Thats G for Gluttony!

Anything to do with Port.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Thats G for Gluttony!

Post by Conky »

Last night I had nothing planned, but we had a lovely homemade Chicken Curry and Rice. Very potent, so I started on a bottle of Jacobs Creek Chards. Went down a treat, but I'd nearly finished it by the end of my meal. Quickly did finish it, as the footy started, and as Liverpool struggled, I decided to open a bottle of Warre's 95 LBV Unfiltered to celebrate.
Started slurping that with gusto. Cant really remember how it tasted, other than nice. By halfway through the second half, just after Marseille scored, it had gone! All of it. Well, I was now in a great mood, and scoured the kitchen. I stumbled across a bottle of nicely chilled Quinta Do Noval Dry White.
Well there was no stopping me now, cracked that open, and with ice started drinking that sucker! Around 1030pm, Debs asked if I fancied a Chip Butty. Never having had any class, and struggling to keep the room still, I wolfed down three pieces of bread with chips!.
I looked this morning, and there's two inches of white Port left in the bottle!

Does anyone else find themselves in these situations, or am I just a sad case???

:D Alan :D
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Nope, never happens to me. I don't buy white port for that very reason!

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Remainder of thread in Meaningless Drivel by admin after request 7/10/2007