Port tong supplier

Anything to do with Port.
differentdave
Fonseca LBV

Re: Port tong supplier

Post by differentdave »

Was pleasantly surprised when I returned home yesterday to find a package in my house from the wine distributor. They sent 2 sets of fonseca branded over the top port tongs for me free of charge. Did not ask distrubitor if it was okay for me to use their name in posts so I am holding back just in case they did not want be to post it publically. They are both the over the top variety with wooden handles with fonseca printed/branded on them. These are them aside from saying fonseca on the handle. Seeing the price makes me think I should send a catered lunch over to the distributors to say thanks and maintain relations.
http://www.portwine.com/products/product3-1.htm
chawks
Cruz Ruby

Post by chawks »

Good Evening Gentleman, (and Ladies)

I have just found this site and thread regarding Port tongs and am pleased to say that I work for a Blacksmith who can produce the tongs. I will upload a photo of a set as soon as I can (the set I have are currently awaiting the wooden handles to be fiited)
If there is enough interest we can produce a batch and can ship worldwide - the more tongs wanted the cheaper they become. I have 3 sets available now (once wooden handles are made) .

Thank you
griff
Warre’s Traditional LBV

Post by griff »

I would be interested should a consortium by mustered and Australia truly be a destination. Despite our history, there is an absence of irons available.
chawks
Cruz Ruby

Post by chawks »

I have 2 available now.£150 for the 2 plus postage. Normally £110 each via other suppliers
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Please do post photographs. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.