Three little thankyou's..

Anything to do with Port.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Three little thankyou's..

Post by uncle tom »

An anonymous little parcel arrived in the post today, containing three little miniature bottles - two of which appear to have been refilled from the last offline's better decanters.

To whoever sent them - Thankyou - Thankyou - Thankyou! :D

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Tom,

Just as a matter of interest, when you have emptied out one of the miniatures, I would be very interested to know what the volume is that they hold. I am still looking for some way of being able to take decent port on a trip with me without it being shaken up and I wondered if a minuature bottle would hold less than 100 ml?

Thanks,

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

They are regular 50ml miniatures - so airline friendly!

I've just drunk the one that was not identified (in the Chip dry bottle)

- was it the F20 ??

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Tom,

Was it ridiculously lighter than the other two? In which case, Yes. I cant remember whether they were labelled. I hope not. What are your thoughts?

Alan
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

At first I thought the Chip Dry bottle was an intact miniature, as it had no writing on the outside.

Tackling it earlier this evening, I realised it had been refilled - it was certainly light, and a little cloudy, with aldehydes on the nose.

A remnant of past glory, it was probably a very good wine in it's day - but it's peak was a long time ago..

Wonderful to engage a wine that was made when my father was only at the planning stage!

- I'll tackle the other two tomorrow..

Tom
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I wonder who it was that knew your address :wink:

Yes, its the F20. The others are top flight so hopefully will still be intact tomorrow.

Thanks for all those great bottles, Tom, the lineup would not have happened without you.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Thanking the cellar masters

Post by jdaw1 »

[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=3936#3936]Here[/url] jdaw1 wrote:And I add, thank you to Tom and Derek for allowing us such bottles from their cellars.
Which I echo here. It couldn’t have been done without Tom’s cellar being opened to us.
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

Happy to oblige - and thanks Derek - I suspected it might be you!

Tom