30% Off All Wine & Port at Tesco

Anything to do with Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

30% Off All Wine & Port at Tesco

Post by DRT »

....when you buy any 6 bottles

This should be a good deal at some of the larger stores who should have good selections of port. You should be able to get some SQVP's like Vargellas or Bomfim at £15 or less.

88)
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I looked it up, but was a little dissapointed with the limited choice here.
Maybe you could advise as to the best choice, because, to be fair, none of those floated my boat.

Alan
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Alan,

There is life beyond the internet :shock:

Most big supermarkets have very limited choice online compared to in store. I would suggest you ask one of you children to take you out of your armchair, pack some sandwiches and a flask of tea, and drive you down to your nearest Tesco Superstore (preferrably the biggest one you can find) and take a look at what is on the shelf.

You will often find Taylor's Vargellas, Dow's Bomfim and occasionally even a real VP - 2 months ago I saw Taylor's 1977 on a Tesco shelf in Edinburgh at £99 :shock:

All of the Tesco BOB's are particularly good value with this offer. You will pick up the basic ruby, tawny and reserve for under £4 and the 10 yr old tawny for about £7. Nothing to loose at those prices.

Derek
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Fairy Snuff.

I do hate shopping, but not for Port. What bugs me though, is if you see a potential purchase, I'd need to go away and check its normal price, and then go back again!
Oh well, must be worth a go.

Alan
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Conky wrote: if you see a potential purchase, I'd need to go away and check its normal price
Text me and I'll save you a second trip :wink:
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

I bought a couple each of the Vargellas and Bomfim 1996 at the last reduction. I will pop in and have a look.