Definitions

Anything to do with Port.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Definitions

Post by KillerB »

I always find it difficult in a new subject to understand the jargon, so it seems a good idea to put a few definitions up. KillerB, whoever he is, has created a few threads to get people started with. Please do the decent thing and expand his knowledge with the relevant definitions.

Try to keep it concise, don't pinch text from anywhere but throw in some nuggets.

If this works I may create a section for it.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

don't pinch text from anywhere
Sorry... But I always find this to be a very helpful site. Made by a very passionate, very friendly guy by the way. Dutch of course. :wink:
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

We need our site adding to their links page. Any volunteers who know how to make contact?
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

You're right, Ronnie, it has some good definitions. However, linking to them from a thread is one thing, writing up is another. We should have a source of information here.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

True, I'll try to think of something when I have more time, which is only around sunday, monday... :cry:
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Ronnie,

That's an interesting link, although a bit heavy going for me as it's clearly a translation... - from Dutch??

Although it's possible to pick odd holes in the accuracy, these seem to be accidents of translation rather than factual errors - so a well researched piece.

I do think it would be good to have some standing information pages linked to the site maybe: History, Terminology, Styles, Vintage guide, Buying, Storage, Decanting...... - oh! - and Drinking :P

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill