Port podcast goes live Dec 2

Anything to do with Port.
Constandia
Taylor’s LBV

Port podcast goes live Dec 2

Post by Constandia »

Hi everyone, a few months ago Lawrence Francis from Interpreting Wine invited me to talk about port. This talk led to the genesis of a mini port series that goes live this Monday 2nd December. The two first episodes feat Francis and I discussing the various styles of port and tasting the samples. On the 3d episode Port legend Dirk Niepoort talks to Francis about his 2017 vintage. Please have a listen if you find a moment and feel free to share it to the world.

Read below a few words about what's coming, taken from the Interpreting Wine Site:
Interpreting Wine, one of the world’s leading hospitality podcasts is broadcasting a special series featuring port expert Dia Grigoriou and famed port producer Dirk Niepoort.

The series starts with Dia explaining the history of the style, before going deeper, tasting a selection of five Ports from Graham’s and one from Cockburn’s, including all the main styles. The series concludes with an in depth interview with one of the most revered producers in the region, Dirk Niepoort. He takes us inside the 2017 vintage, which he calls the best wine he has ever made.

This series delivers information and personal insight to increase understanding and engagement with this often misunderstood style of wine.
The entire series will be available from 4 December at: https://www.interpretingwine.com/port19
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Re: Port podcast goes live Dec 2

Post by rich_n »

Sounds good! Is it under the main Interpreting Wine podcast or should be be looking for a separate podcast?
Constandia
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Constandia »

rich_n wrote: 12:30 Mon 02 Dec 2019 Sounds good! Is it under the main Interpreting Wine podcast or should be be looking for a separate podcast?
Under the main podcast. I hope you enjoy!
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Way to go Dia! And thank you for sharing for the news. I needed something to listen to on a flight I’m about to take, and you’ve just filled the gap - thank you.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by rich_n »

Constandia wrote: 22:45 Mon 02 Dec 2019
rich_n wrote: 12:30 Mon 02 Dec 2019 Sounds good! Is it under the main Interpreting Wine podcast or should be be looking for a separate podcast?
Under the main podcast. I hope you enjoy!
I had a listen, looking forward to the next 2!
Constandia
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Constandia »

Thanks Rich :)