Seeeking info : 1957 Cockburn vintage port

Anything to do with Port.
Stoppsy
Cruz Ruby

Seeeking info : 1957 Cockburn vintage port

Post by Stoppsy »

My father was given a bottle of cockburns vintage port dated 1957 for his 21st birthday back in 1971. I have little knowledge on the subject of port and wondered if any members could shed some light and share any info on wether it’s a rare find, valuable and history etc. Many thanks !
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Seeeking info : 1957 Cockburn vintage port

Post by uncle tom »

Welcome to the forum!

There was quite a lot of Cockburn '55 made, bottled in 1957, but I have never heard of a Cockburn vintage port of the vintage 1957.

Another possibility is that this might have been a Cockburn crusted port (normally a blend of vintages) bottled in 1957, although I've never spotted such a bottle..

- Do you have a photo?
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
Stoppsy
Cruz Ruby

Post by Stoppsy »

Thanks for your response, the label is pretty worn away so it hard to gather information . I do have photos of the bottle, although there doesn’t seem to be an attachment option in the thread. I’ll try via private message!
Many thanks
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Mystery resolved - it's a '67 with a damaged label..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill