Vintage Port by retailer in London

Anything to do with Port.
JB vintage
Quinta do Noval LBV

Vintage Port by retailer in London

Post by JB vintage »

We are going to London in May and would appreciate if anyone know about what is available by retailer?

Sometimes there are good deals available at shops like Tesco or Marks & Spencer.

Anyone who has some recommendations for Vintage ports currently available in London?
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Vintage Port by retailer in London

Post by uncle tom »

Looking for anything in particular?

Tesco's offering at the moment is extremely minimal (at least, in my nearest one..)
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
JB vintage
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by JB vintage »

I'm looking for something we haven't tasted before and when the retail shops have vintages on offer we usually haven't tasted them as they are not available in Sweden. Anything but the ones we have sampled are of interest. We have tried the following: http://www.vintageport.se/producers.php
// Jörgen
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

I'm looking for something we haven't tasted before
I picked up sixty bottles of Passadouro '92 from Christies just before Xmas. This is one of the ones made by Niepoort. I wasn't planning to go for them, but the price was too good to pass on. As I don't need that many, I'm happy to part with up to a couple of dozen @ £25/btl

(Note: Most of the labels are bin-soiled to varying degrees)
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

The Boot & Flogger is selling Quinta da Silveira 10 Year Old tawny and claims Davy's is the exclusive UK distributor and retail outlet.

As I visit the supermarkets over the next few days I will take a look at what they have in stock at the moment.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
JB vintage
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by JB vintage »

AHB wrote: 13:13 Mon 16 Apr 2018 The Boot & Flogger is selling Quinta da Silveira 10 Year Old tawny and claims Davy's is the exclusive UK distributor and retail outlet.

As I visit the supermarkets over the next few days I will take a look at what they have in stock at the moment.
Thank you, we would like to find some new vintage port and do not have the time to visit too many stores. Some guidance will be much appreciated.
H_Sterling
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Post by H_Sterling »

DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

H_Sterling wrote: 07:15 Fri 20 Apr 2018 Berry Bro.s surely?

https://www.bbr.com/about/shops
If you visit BBR you should also visit Fortnam & Mason, which is just a 5-10 minute walk from BBR.

You could also try Hedonism in Mayfair, also close to BBR, who have an extensive Port list: https://hedonism.co.uk/wines/fortified- ... leID=Douro

Harrods also have quite a few VP's available off-the-shelf, but at Harrods' prices.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

DRT wrote: 08:24 Fri 20 Apr 2018 Harrods also have quite a few VP's available off-the-shelf, but at Harrods' prices.
As do Selfridges, at Selfridges' prices.
JB vintage
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by JB vintage »

Thank you all for good advice. We are grateful.
JB vintage
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by JB vintage »

uncle tom wrote: 16:41 Sun 15 Apr 2018
I'm looking for something we haven't tasted before
I picked up sixty bottles of Passadouro '92 from Christies just before Xmas. This is one of the ones made by Niepoort. I wasn't planning to go for them, but the price was too good to pass on. As I don't need that many, I'm happy to part with up to a couple of dozen @ £25/btl

(Note: Most of the labels are bin-soiled to varying degrees)
Thank your uncle tom for your generous offer. However, I have plenty of Passadouro '92. Very good offer though.
JB vintage
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by JB vintage »

We were very glad to visit tpf tasting in London on May 8 and TBFT on the 9th. However, finding vintage port in London proved to be much more difficult than expected. Non of the major wine stores (nor minor) had any interesting vintages. If they had any at all it was 2-3 very common wines such as Malvedos 2004. The only new vintages we found were Fortnum&Masons 2001 and 2000. We thought it would be easy to find vintage port in London!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Alert.

Marks & Spencer 2007 (made by Taylor Fladgate, new corks as if hiding a pukker brand) have been, four times out of five, excellent. And £18.

Marks & Spencer 20Y tawny is good and £12. Then they gave me voucher a £5 off my next visit if I spent £30+, so the next three cost £31.

Marks & Spencer 2013 ʟʙᴠ is £15.33 a magnum. Filtered; decant 24hours+.