Page 1 of 1

Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 17:47 Sat 10 Feb 2018
by PhilH
I have been given about 20 bottles of port and wine. All seen to be late sixties.
2x 1968 Graham's Malvedos
3x Graham's LBP finest reserve
3x Noval LB port

Are they drinkable and what would they be worth?

Any advise appreciated

Many Thanks,
Phil.
IMG_0937.JPG
IMG_0937.JPG (48.99 KiB) Viewed 196 times
IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG (34.26 KiB) Viewed 196 times
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG (37.02 KiB) Viewed 196 times
Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 03:16 Sun 11 Feb 2018
by Andy Velebil
Malvedos should be quite nice. The others should be drinkable though probably nothing to write home about.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 10:38 Sun 11 Feb 2018
by DRT
Can you please tell us where you are?

Re: RE: Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 10:46 Sun 11 Feb 2018
by PhilH
DRT wrote:Can you please tell us where you are?
Newcastle upon Tyne




Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Re: RE: Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 10:47 Sun 11 Feb 2018
by PhilH
Andy Velebil wrote:Malvedos should be quite nice. The others should be drinkable though probably nothing to write home about.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Andy

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 11:11 Sun 11 Feb 2018
by LGTrotter
The one thing about the 1968 is that this year, being it's 50th birthday, it will be worth a little more. All those people looking for a 50th birthday present. Next year it will be worth a little less. Don't get too excited though, half retail is the usual advice, and low retail at that. Look on wine searcher for an idea what that might be.

Re: RE: Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 11:19 Sun 11 Feb 2018
by PhilH
LGTrotter wrote:The one thing about the 1968 is that this year, being it's 50th birthday, it will be worth a little more. All those people looking for a 50th birthday present. Next year it will be worth a little less. Don't get too excited though, half retail is the usual advice, and low retail at that. Look on wine searcher for an idea what that might be.
Thanks for the information
Regards
Phil

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 12:39 Thu 15 Feb 2018
by Axel P
Noval LBs can be very nice, since they were made as a kind of little more filtered Crusted Ports. Bottling around the 80s I would assume.

Dont store these for too long.

Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 12:54 Thu 15 Feb 2018
by uncle tom
Bottling around the 80s I would assume.
Earlier I suspect - these ones have driven corks, the later ones had T stoppers (and were not as good IMO)

Re: Graham's Malvedos 1968

Posted: 04:47 Fri 16 Feb 2018
by Andy Velebil
uncle tom wrote:
Bottling around the 80s I would assume.
Earlier I suspect - these ones have driven corks, the later ones had T stoppers (and were not as good IMO)
Agree with Tom. Oh and if you ever run across the old aged tawnies (10,20...) from Noval in the old bottles with the "lip". Skip them, time in bottle has not been kind to them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk