Graham's Stone Terrace 2015

Anything to do with Port.
Peanutcoxy
Cruz Ruby

Graham's Stone Terrace 2015

Post by Peanutcoxy »

Is it worth purchasing the 2015 declared Graham's Stone Terrace vintage port. Read great reviews but not sure if worth the investment on rarity grounds
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Graham's Stone Terrace 2015

Post by Andy Velebil »

All wine, especially Port, is typically a terrible investment. Unless you plan to enjoy it yourself or with friends or loved ones at some point in the future.
Peanutcoxy
Cruz Ruby

Post by Peanutcoxy »

Thanks Andy. I have some lovely vintages already so may give this one a miss, especially as it is quite expensive.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

I have been looking at 3 packs of this. My issue with this port is not with investment potential which does not concern me, rather that I will not get to drink it at anything like maturity. But of all the super cuvee ports this would be the one I would like to try, Graham being the port which got me hooked. Perhaps I should get one and leave it someone.
Peanutcoxy
Cruz Ruby

Post by Peanutcoxy »

I've been thinking about the option between keeping and laying port and actually drinking it. As you say LG, like many of the recent fine vintages, it could easily be that I may not be around to drink it! Therefore, enjoying the 85s and 94s etc now is my preferred option on special occasions. If I'm lucky enough to sample the 63s, 66s etc, then great. I have some lovely 00s,07s and 11s now, which I shall keep for others to enjoy in the future; maybe me if I'm lucky!
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

LGTrotter wrote: 22:00 Sat 26 Aug 2017 I have been looking at 3 packs of this. My issue with this port is not with investment potential which does not concern me, rather that I will not get to drink it at anything like maturity. But of all the super cuvee ports this would be the one I would like to try, Graham being the port which got me hooked. Perhaps I should get one and leave it someone.
My thoughts and issues as well. That said, while I say I don't plan on buying new VP's anymore I know I will buy a small amount if for nothing else to try them a few times along the road before I die. Unless I am an anomaly in my family that will probably be somewhere in the next 30-ish years. I would think these would be like a 1985 Fonseca is now, for comparison...fantastic but still super young even at 30-ish years old.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

While I don't disagree with anything said so far, I would just observe that the Graham Stone Terraces 2015 is still in its young and exuberantly fruity phrase. If you wanted to, you could buy it and drink it now before it starts to shut down. Give it a decant for a few days and it will really show its power and structure.

I think it's an absolutely fabulous port, and while it's expensive I confess that I have bought some. Whether I'll drink it or not remains to be seen. I'm not very good at buying port for drinking young and actually drinking it young. I still have 23 half bottles of Skeffington 2009 which were bought to be drunk young.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Peanutcoxy
Cruz Ruby

Post by Peanutcoxy »

I have also succumbed to the temptation and bought a bottle too. The reviews were too good to miss and I never was much of a wait and see type of bloke. It is an expensive risk but one worth taking I think to drink young
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

I'd like to find another 3-pack (I already have two 3-packs) with the idea being to drink 3 of them young and hold the others. It's a fantastic Port for drinking young.
Glenn Elliott