2015 declarations

Anything to do with Port.
User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19632
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

2015 declarations

Post by jdaw1 » 21:55 Sat 01 Apr 2017

Known 2015 declarations:
  1. Alves de Sousa
  2. Calem
  3. Churchill Gricha
  4. Cockburn (3676⅓ dozen) - tasted at the SFE 2015 presentation on 18 May, 2017
  5. Cruz
  6. Dalva
  7. Dow Bomfim (late release)
  8. Duorum
  9. Fonseca Guimaraens
  10. Graham Malvedos (late release)
  11. Graham Stone Terraces (400 cases) - tasted at the SFE 2015 presentation on 18 May, 2017
  12. Niepoort - tasted at the Wines of Portugal show on April 4, 2017
  13. Pintas
  14. Quinta da Gaivosa from Alves de Sousa
  15. Quinta da Romaneira (1,000 cases)
  16. Quinta da Roeda from Croft
  17. Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira from Dow (700 cases) - tasted at the SFE 2015 presentation on 18 May, 2017
  18. Qiunta de la Rosa
  19. Quinta de Vargellas from Taylor
  20. Quinta do Arnozelo from Burmester
  21. Quinta do Grifo
  22. Quinta do Noval
  23. Quinta do Pego
  24. Quinta do Porto from Ferreira
  25. Quinta do Seixo from Sandeman
  26. Quinta do Ventozelo
  27. Quinta do Vesuvio (1,000 cases) - tasted at the SFE 2015 presentation on 18 May, 2017
  28. Quinta Nova da Nossa Senhora do Carmo
  29. Ramos Pinto (7,000-8,000 bottles)
  30. Rozes
  31. Seara d'Ordens
  32. Viera de Sousa
Links to other vintages added by AHB
2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005

User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19632
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by jdaw1 » 21:55 Sat 01 Apr 2017

The first post of this thread is to hold a list of known 2015 declarations.

/2alph
Cockburn’s Special Reserve
Posts: 39
Joined: 13:25 Mon 23 May 2016

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by /2alph » 17:48 Mon 03 Apr 2017

Cockburn Vintage Port seen on their facebook profile
ck15.JPG
ck15.JPG (63.85 KiB) Viewed 1668 times

forest26
Fonseca LBV
Posts: 147
Joined: 19:32 Tue 25 Mar 2014

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by forest26 » 21:31 Mon 03 Apr 2017

Just had it confirmed today - there is an article here https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2017/ ... tage-port/

User avatar
Axel P
Niepoort 1977
Posts: 1697
Joined: 08:09 Wed 12 Sep 2007
Location: Langenfeld, near Cologne, Germany
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Axel P » 17:40 Fri 07 Apr 2017

Noval is bottling, too
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com

/2alph
Cockburn’s Special Reserve
Posts: 39
Joined: 13:25 Mon 23 May 2016

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by /2alph » 17:38 Mon 10 Apr 2017

Graham's declares Stone Terraces 2015 Vintage Port

http://blog.symington.com/grahams-decla ... s-vintage/

User avatar
Axel P
Niepoort 1977
Posts: 1697
Joined: 08:09 Wed 12 Sep 2007
Location: Langenfeld, near Cologne, Germany
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Axel P » 10:12 Tue 18 Apr 2017

Rozès, Quinta do Grifo and Quinta do Pégo will be bottled, too
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com

User avatar
Axel P
Niepoort 1977
Posts: 1697
Joined: 08:09 Wed 12 Sep 2007
Location: Langenfeld, near Cologne, Germany
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Axel P » 10:12 Tue 18 Apr 2017

Alves de Sousa will bottle Gaivosa and Alves de Sousa
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com

User avatar
Axel P
Niepoort 1977
Posts: 1697
Joined: 08:09 Wed 12 Sep 2007
Location: Langenfeld, near Cologne, Germany
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Axel P » 10:24 Tue 18 Apr 2017

Pintas also
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com

User avatar
Axel P
Niepoort 1977
Posts: 1697
Joined: 08:09 Wed 12 Sep 2007
Location: Langenfeld, near Cologne, Germany
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Axel P » 10:25 Tue 18 Apr 2017

Duorum 2015 Vintage Port
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com

User avatar
christopherpfaff
Warre’s Warrior
Posts: 90
Joined: 11:07 Fri 16 Mar 2012
Location: Kassel - Germany
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by christopherpfaff » 21:06 Wed 19 Apr 2017

Vieira de Sousa.
"An one litre bottle [of port] is the right size for two persons, if one person doesn´t drink." - Dirk Niepoort
--------
http://www.passion-port.de

/2alph
Cockburn’s Special Reserve
Posts: 39
Joined: 13:25 Mon 23 May 2016

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by /2alph » 17:19 Thu 20 Apr 2017

Vesuvio and Dow's Senhora Ribeira will bottled too

http://blog.symington.com/quinta-do-ves ... -declared/

User avatar
DRT
Graham’s 1948
Posts: 14977
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by DRT » 20:16 Thu 20 Apr 2017

/2alph wrote:
17:19 Thu 20 Apr 2017
Vesuvio and Dow's Senhora Ribeira will bottled too

http://blog.symington.com/quinta-do-ves ... -declared/
Interesting!

Presumably that means no classic Dow 2015?
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

Andy Velebil
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2422
Joined: 22:16 Mon 25 Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles, Ca USA
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Andy Velebil » 00:04 Fri 21 Apr 2017

DRT wrote:
/2alph wrote:
17:19 Thu 20 Apr 2017
Vesuvio and Dow's Senhora Ribeira will bottled too

http://blog.symington.com/quinta-do-ves ... -declared/
Interesting!

Presumably that means no classic Dow 2015?
That I recall, I've never seen them bottle both in the same year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhilW
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2441
Joined: 14:22 Wed 15 Dec 2010
Location: Near Cambridge, UK

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by PhilW » 09:48 Fri 21 Apr 2017

Andy Velebil wrote:
00:04 Fri 21 Apr 2017
DRT wrote:Presumably that means no classic Dow 2015?
That I recall, I've never seen them bottle both in the same year.
Bomfim and Ribeira have been produced in the same year, and Bomfim and "classic" Dow have been produced in the same year (though the Bomfim in this case may only have been for Scandinavian markets), but as far as I am aware Ribeira and "classic" Dow have never been produced in the same year.

User avatar
uncle tom
Dow 1980
Posts: 2759
Joined: 23:43 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Near Saffron Walden, England

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by uncle tom » 05:52 Sun 23 Apr 2017

TFP have declared Vargellas, Guimaraens and Roeda but are otherwise not declaring '15 it seems..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill

User avatar
Doggett
Graham’s The Tawny
Posts: 416
Joined: 17:40 Sun 20 Sep 2015
Location: Croydon

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Doggett » 09:09 Sun 23 Apr 2017


User avatar
uncle tom
Dow 1980
Posts: 2759
Joined: 23:43 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Near Saffron Walden, England

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by uncle tom » 09:37 Sun 23 Apr 2017

Rather over effusive in their descriptions of the 2015 vintage - if it was so good, why are they not declaring the blends..?
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill

forest26
Fonseca LBV
Posts: 147
Joined: 19:32 Tue 25 Mar 2014

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by forest26 » 12:08 Sun 23 Apr 2017

I thought Taylor might have released a VV as it is their 325th.

User avatar
Doggett
Graham’s The Tawny
Posts: 416
Joined: 17:40 Sun 20 Sep 2015
Location: Croydon

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Doggett » 19:46 Sun 23 Apr 2017

forest26 wrote:
12:08 Sun 23 Apr 2017
I thought Taylor might have released a VV as it is their 325th.
Maybe they are being completely honourable and not just hanging a hook on a year...as they also seem to be doing re the Fonseca 1815-2015 bicentennial too [in not going for a full declaration], although they could also revert back to the 1822-2022 bicentennial for marketing purposes at a later date:-)

On a serious point though... with all the positive talk there was re the 2015 vintage... for most port houses not to declare and wait for the 2016, must mean the 2016 vintage is something our children and grandchildren etc will look back upon as sublime!

User avatar
uncle tom
Dow 1980
Posts: 2759
Joined: 23:43 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Near Saffron Walden, England

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by uncle tom » 09:58 Mon 24 Apr 2017

On a serious point though... with all the positive talk there was re the 2015 vintage... for most port houses not to declare and wait for the 2016, must mean the 2016 vintage is something our children and grandchildren etc will look back upon as sublime!
After the 2015 vintage there was general contentment that it was 'good enough' to declare, but there was a lack of real excitement. It was also evident that the four year gap since the 2011 vintage meant that a declaration was needed, and the vintage was being banked as a declaration long before the 2016 vintage showed its hand.

2016 was an exceptionally long harvest, and whilst some good, possibly exceptionally good, wines were made, it was also apparent that it didn't work out for everyone. Even if the biggest houses unite to make 2016 a general declaration, I suspect a few well known names will absent themselves from the party..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill

Andy Velebil
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2422
Joined: 22:16 Mon 25 Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles, Ca USA
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Andy Velebil » 11:01 Mon 24 Apr 2017

uncle tom wrote:
09:58 Mon 24 Apr 2017
On a serious point though... with all the positive talk there was re the 2015 vintage... for most port houses not to declare and wait for the 2016, must mean the 2016 vintage is something our children and grandchildren etc will look back upon as sublime!
After the 2015 vintage there was general contentment that it was 'good enough' to declare, but there was a lack of real excitement. It was also evident that the four year gap since the 2011 vintage meant that a declaration was needed, and the vintage was being banked as a declaration long before the 2016 vintage showed its hand.

2016 was an exceptionally long harvest, and whilst some good, possibly exceptionally good, wines were made, it was also apparent that it didn't work out for everyone. Even if the biggest houses unite to make 2016 a general declaration, I suspect a few well known names will absent themselves from the party..
I agree. 2016 was a harvest that you really needed to know your grapes and pick them when they were ready. A very long start/stop vintage and I suspect those that had the patience and labor pool to keep on hand it will be a very good vintage for them. For others who picked all at once, or had a lot of old mixed vines where one couldn't really chose what to pick, I suspect won't fair as well due to the erratic ripening.

User avatar
AHB
Fonseca 1970
Posts: 10991
Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
Location: Berkshire, UK

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by AHB » 22:06 Thu 27 Apr 2017

Andy Velebil wrote:
11:01 Mon 24 Apr 2017
uncle tom wrote:
09:58 Mon 24 Apr 2017
On a serious point though... with all the positive talk there was re the 2015 vintage... for most port houses not to declare and wait for the 2016, must mean the 2016 vintage is something our children and grandchildren etc will look back upon as sublime!
After the 2015 vintage there was general contentment that it was 'good enough' to declare, but there was a lack of real excitement. It was also evident that the four year gap since the 2011 vintage meant that a declaration was needed, and the vintage was being banked as a declaration long before the 2016 vintage showed its hand.

2016 was an exceptionally long harvest, and whilst some good, possibly exceptionally good, wines were made, it was also apparent that it didn't work out for everyone. Even if the biggest houses unite to make 2016 a general declaration, I suspect a few well known names will absent themselves from the party..
I agree. 2016 was a harvest that you really needed to know your grapes and pick them when they were ready. A very long start/stop vintage and I suspect those that had the patience and labor pool to keep on hand it will be a very good vintage for them. For others who picked all at once, or had a lot of old mixed vines where one couldn't really chose what to pick, I suspect won't fair as well due to the erratic ripening.
Plus the fact that you had to have the money to spray constantly with Bordeaux mix if you wanted healthy grapes without any rot. Most of the larger companies were able to do this but many contract grape farmers really suffered. I get the impression that 2016 is likely to be a very good vintage from the bigger names and well established producers but not necessarily producing the volume of lower quality wine that the market is used to.
Top Port in 2017 (so far): Graham Stone Terraces 2015 and Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
2016 Port of the year: Cockburn 1908

User avatar
Axel P
Niepoort 1977
Posts: 1697
Joined: 08:09 Wed 12 Sep 2007
Location: Langenfeld, near Cologne, Germany
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Axel P » 15:23 Fri 28 Apr 2017

Ramos Pinto general Vintage Port
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com

User avatar
Axel P
Niepoort 1977
Posts: 1697
Joined: 08:09 Wed 12 Sep 2007
Location: Langenfeld, near Cologne, Germany
Contact:

Re: 2015 declarations

Post by Axel P » 07:40 Sat 29 Apr 2017

Sandeman Quinta do Seixo
Ferreira Quinta do Porto
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests