Sacred beef indeed.

Thank you for posting it here.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Dirk Niepoort leaves Niepoort

Post by djewesbury »

Good lord.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

I don't know the full story - reading other posts it seems things have not been easy for some time with the family and the business. I do feel for Dirk in all of this. Things must have become somewhat unbearable, thus bringing in one sense a relief that some resolution has been reached, but probably also a great sadness at having to walk away from something he clearly loved.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

flash_uk wrote:I don't know the full story - reading other posts it seems things have not been easy for some time with the family and the business. I do feel for Dirk in all of this. Things must have become somewhat unbearable, thus bringing in one sense a relief that some resolution has been reached, but probably also a great sadness at having to walk away from something he clearly loved.
Well said
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Well put Mike. It's very unexpected, and I imagine must have been a very difficult decision to reach for all involved; Having heard Dirk speak with such passion recently at the Bioma masterclass at the BFT, I expect he will have very mixed feelings at moving on, as likely will those remaining to run Niepoort who are losing a great ambassador for the brand as well as a talented winemaker. If Dirk and/or Daniel read this, then I wish them all the best in their new ventures, and hope we will still see them from time to time.
christopherpfaff
Warre’s Warrior

Post by christopherpfaff »

stay cool guys.

first of all - all kind of media love sensation and exxageration. so this falstaff report leaves more questions than it gives answers.

I´m pretty sure - that he won´t leave forever. and that he "leaves" now says nothing about if he stay as consultant or not and says nothing about what happens with his company shares.
"An one litre bottle [of port] is the right size for two persons, if one person doesn´t drink." - Dirk Niepoort
--------
http://www.passion-port.de
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Niepoort has reported on their social media account that Dirk and Verena have settled their differences and Dirk is now not leaving. Very glad to hear!
idj123
Morgan 1991

Post by idj123 »

Andy Velebil wrote:Niepoort has reported on their social media account that Dirk and Verena have settled their differences and Dirk is now not leaving. Very glad to hear!
That is at least some cheering news following this morning's in the UK.
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Andy Velebil wrote:Niepoort has reported on their social media account that Dirk and Verena have settled their differences and Dirk is now not leaving. Very glad to hear!
Am glad to hear it - a good São João announcement :CC3300: - hopefully a way forward has been found that everyone is happy with and Niepoort can now carry on producing excellent wines with Dirk's continued involvement.