Grahams Millenium 1977 VP

Anything to do with Port.
/2alph
Warre’s Warrior

Grahams Millenium 1977 VP

Post by /2alph »

Hi

Does anyone know what kind of bottling the "Millenium" vintage port is?

Thanks for answers
Attachments
GMill77.jpg
GMill77.jpg (206.15 KiB) Viewed 3754 times
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Grahams Millenium 1977 VP

Post by PhilW »

Hi (R?)alph, welcome to :tpf: . The Symingtons released all three of Graham, Warre and Dow 1977 vintage ports in magnums with special "millenium" labels and wooden boxes. I would assume these were released in 2000 to celebrate the turn of the millennium (I know they were pre-2005, but not the actual date of release). They will contain their respective 1977 vintage ports, which would have been bottled in Porto in 1979, and may or may not have been re-corked prior to release.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

PhilW wrote:Hi (R?)alph, welcome to :tpf: . The Symingtons released all three of Graham, Warre and Dow 1977 vintage ports in magnums with special "millenium" labels and wooden boxes. I would assume these were released in 2000 to celebrate the turn of the millennium (I know they were pre-2005, but not the actual date of release). They will contain their respective 1977 vintage ports, which would have been bottled in Porto in 1979, and may or may not have been re-corked prior to release.
To clarify a bit what Phil stated. The re-release of this Port to celebrate the new century had these labels. Originally released and previous re-releases have a standard label. There are a number of different labels for this Port depending on when and where it was released.
/2alph
Warre’s Warrior

Post by /2alph »

Thank you for the answers! I also asked the Symingtons. All that you guys wrote is right. The bottles were sadly not recorked.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

/2alph wrote:Thank you for the answers! I also asked the Symingtons. All that you guys wrote is right. The bottles were sadly not recorked.
Why sadly not recorked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
/2alph
Warre’s Warrior

Post by /2alph »

Andy Velebil wrote:
/2alph wrote:Thank you for the answers! I also asked the Symingtons. All that you guys wrote is right. The bottles were sadly not recorked.
Why sadly not recorked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thus the cork in 30 years still comes out well. But actually I open it anyway with the tongs :)