Taylor 2011 LBV

Anything to do with Port.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Taylor 2011 LBV

Post by uncle tom »

Had this at 36,000 feet on both legs of my winter trip and on both occasions drank the plane dry. In thin air at least it was very agreeable. EVA air not only actively encouraged passengers to have a glass, but even had dedicated glasses for the purpose [why don't we have an applause smiley??] - all they need to do is carry more stock...

And my local Tesco's now have this on offer at just £10/bottle. Not only that but they gave me a £7 voucher I can use if I spend another £50 in the next week, so I'll drop in and grab another five bottles for just £8.60 each - not bad..!
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Taylor 2011 LBV

Post by jdaw1 »

uncle tom wrote:on both occasions drank the plane dry.
Why don’t we have a not-surprised smiley?
uncle tom wrote: [why don't we have an applause smiley??]
:GoldStar: :?:
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

I tried opening one last night to see how 200ft altitude compared to 36,000ft

Far more aromatic - I think thin air must mute one's sense of smell - and much more noticeably tannic.

Although filtered, I think this wine probably has enough tannic structure to age to advantage for at least another decade.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

uncle tom wrote:I tried opening one last night to see how 200ft altitude compared to 36,000ft

Far more aromatic - I think thin air must mute one's sense of smell - and much more noticeably tannic.

Although filtered, I think this wine probably has enough tannic structure to age to advantage for at least another decade.
Having recently spent almost a week at roughly 10,000' (9,500' to just over 13,000' to be precise) skiing and of course partaking in adult beverages :twisted: I can certify that high altitude does seem to dull the taste buds. Best to stick to younger more fruit driven wines and save the really old delicate stuff for lower elevations. However, if you live at that altitude for long periods I wonder if your body adjusts and it no longer becomes an issue?
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

It gets better - a lot better..

Went back to Tesco today with my £7 voucher and asked for a six pack.

When I got to the checkout they gave me not only the special price of £10/btl but also a further 25% off for a six pack..

So £15 discounted to £10 less 25% less £7 less the 1% cashback that you get from Clubcard = £37.62 for six bottles, or just £6.27 per bottle..

- And they gave me another £7 voucher..!
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Score!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CaliforniaBrad
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by CaliforniaBrad »

Good to know, and that's a killer price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U