Fonseca 1985

Anything to do with Port.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Fonseca 1985

Post by g-man »

Can anyone tell me how many cases were produced?

Also if you guys can do me the favor and tell me how many bottles of such wine you have drunk.

I personally have consumed 18 bottles of F85.

As a side note, would it be possible to corner the market on F85, would such endeavor be worthwhile?
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Fonseca 1985

Post by LGTrotter »

g-man wrote:Can anyone tell me how many cases were produced?

Also if you guys can do me the favor and tell me how many bottles of such wine you have drunk.

I personally have consumed 18 bottles of F85.

As a side note, would it be possible to corner the market on F85, would such endeavor be worthwhile?
To answer these questions in turn; I don't know but there seems to be an awful lot of it around at the moment.
I'm not sure but a least nine bottles.
And I think that you might able to buy up what is on the market at present, but that would not cause panic for most port drinkers in that it seems most of us have a stash of it already. I noticed in the Madeira market that rising prices simply lured out more stock which stabilises the price, albeit at a higher level. My other issue is that things like that simply aren't the done thing.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

In the last few months I have had several conversations in which I have mentioned, or at least hinted at, the escapades of the Hunt brothers. Jeff: have you any siblings?
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

jdaw1 wrote:In the last few months I have had several conversations in which I have mentioned, or at least hinted at, the escapades of the Hunt brothers. Jeff: have you any siblings?

why, in fact I do! His name would be Louis winthorpe iii.
Odd fellow who has an intense desire for oranges.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz