Which is the best 1991?

Anything to do with Port.
Monique
Cheap Ruby

Re: What is the best 1991?

Post by Monique »

So far I've only had a case (6-pack) of Niepoort 1991 and a case (6-pack) of Noval 1991 and just one bottle of Taylor's Vargellas 1991.
The Noval was totally disappointing, not one bottle did shine. The Niepoort showed bottle variation, I had some that drunk well, but also some that didn't show well at all. The Vargellas (I had it in 2014) was way too young, it missed complexity and I preferred the 1987 Vargellas by a mile at the same age.

I do have another question: Has anybody had the Taylor's Terra Feita 1991? I can't find anything about this VP.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: What is the best 1991?

Post by uncle tom »

The Noval was totally disappointing
I also had a low impression of this wine, noting a dirty palate and unpleasant nose, but having sampled five bottles from a case of twelve over a number of years, the most recent being earlier this month, I can see a clear maturation journey.

N91 has gone through a really nasty phase, but it seems to be growing up now. Still far from being a superstar, but very much better than it was.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill