Taylor's UK agents

Anything to do with Port.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Taylor's UK agents

Post by uncle tom »

An odd bottle. Accompanied by three Croft 60's and a '72 crusted, the auction lot included a bottle of Taylor's First Estate.

The modern stencilling on the bottle could have come straight off the shelves of Tesco, but the capsule is rather plain and the wine has lost some colour. I studied the bottle for any clue to age, and noticed that it had been shipped by Deinhard.

Anyone know in which year Mentzendorff took over the Taylor agency?
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Taylor's UK agents

Post by DRT »

The company website says that they became the agent's of Taylor shortly before 1990. See the entry covering the tenure of Antony Mallaby as Managing Director.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

Well spotted - I scanned that page but thought it was just personal biographies..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
idj123
Morgan 1991

Post by idj123 »

uncle tom wrote:An odd bottle. Accompanied by three Croft 60's and a '72 crusted, the auction lot included a bottle of Taylor's First Estate.

The modern stencilling on the bottle could have come straight off the shelves of Tesco, but the capsule is rather plain and the wine has lost some colour. I studied the bottle for any clue to age, and noticed that it had been shipped by Deinhard.

Anyone know in which year Mentzendorff took over the Taylor agency?
Indirect proof that I failed to secure that particular lot! :wink:
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

Indirect proof that I failed to secure that particular lot! :wink:
Remember the quote from Churchill:

To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war.