Search found 238 matches

by forest26
21:03 Sun 19 Aug 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September
Replies: 23
Views: 629

Re: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September

I suggest organising it as a self-pour walk around tasting. Put all the bottles on some tables at one end of the Red Room and people just help themselves to what they want, sitting down and taking notes as they wish. Agreed. I’ll prepare sticky labels rather than the usual circles (when there’s a l...
by forest26
13:39 Fri 17 Aug 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September
Replies: 23
Views: 629

Re: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September

I suggest organising it as a self-pour walk around tasting. Put all the bottles on some tables at one end of the Red Room and people just help themselves to what they want, sitting down and taking notes as they wish. That would work.. Yes like that idea. Everyone can pace themselves accordingly. Ag...
by forest26
09:03 Thu 16 Aug 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September
Replies: 23
Views: 629

Re: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September

Just had a delivery from Fells with the SFE estate wines - rather kindly included Capella and GST. For an last-minute ad-hoc arrangement this has been remarkably well supported by the shippers/importers. Hopefully Sogevinous cask samples are other way which would make about 20 bottles. Given the qua...
by forest26
16:45 Tue 14 Aug 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September
Replies: 23
Views: 629

Re: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September

Updated first post.
by forest26
20:22 Sat 11 Aug 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September
Replies: 23
Views: 629

Re: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September

Generally a good response from the shippers so far. Sadly no nacional!
by forest26
20:19 Sat 11 Aug 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Mon 13 August: Emergency
Replies: 47
Views: 1007

Re: August emergencies

Sorry guys - I will have to excuse myself from this.

I just got back from hols today and there is just too much to do on Monday. Hopefully, I will catch up later in the month.
by forest26
10:40 Fri 03 Aug 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September
Replies: 23
Views: 629

Re: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September

uncle tom wrote:
20:34 Thu 02 Aug 2018
Splendid - count me in - have the Niepoort Bioma already..
I only have one half bottle of this for the tasting - are you able to put yours in also to make a sensible quantity?
by forest26
14:33 Mon 30 Jul 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 2016 VP's - Wed 12 September
Replies: 23
Views: 629

2016 VP's - Wed 12 September

2016 Declaration A couple of months ago we thought it would be a good idea that, as a Forum, we tasted vintages on release. I contacted some of the shippers to get some samples and had a very welcome response. All of the samples have been kindly donated by the shippers/importers so there is no cost ...
by forest26
17:09 Sun 29 Jul 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: PLACEHOLDER: Quinta do Cachao Vertical
Replies: 24
Views: 1858

Re: PLACEHOLDER: Quinta do Cachao Vertical

I and one or two others at last night's tasting think that September is still the best month for this vertical and so what about earlier in the month-say 18th? Might have to kick this into Jan / Feb 2019. The Messias guys are a little busy early September and after that I am tied up until the New Y...
by forest26
22:13 Thu 26 Jul 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Mon 13 August: Emergency
Replies: 47
Views: 1007

Re: August emergencies

I assume that you mean Mon 13th - permission sought
by forest26
07:00 Thu 12 Jul 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: PLACEHOLDER: Quinta do Cachao Vertical
Replies: 24
Views: 1858

Re: PLACEHOLDER: Quinta do Cachao Vertical

jdaw1 wrote:
00:06 Thu 05 Jul 2018
With 22 Vintages, table space will be a constraint.
Might have to do this on two flights....
by forest26
07:00 Thu 12 Jul 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: PLACEHOLDER: Quinta do Cachao Vertical
Replies: 24
Views: 1858

Re: PLACEHOLDER: Quinta do Cachao Vertical

Howls of protest.. Ok so not September...
by forest26
11:22 Wed 04 Jul 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: PLACEHOLDER: Quinta do Cachao Vertical
Replies: 24
Views: 1858

Re: PLACEHOLDER: Quinta do Cachao Vertical

Hi I will need to start organising this - last week in September is looking promising. Any comments before I finalise?
by forest26
11:15 Wed 04 Jul 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 2020 - A 1970 horizontal
Replies: 25
Views: 2515

Re: 2020 - A 1970 horizontal

Great idea - assuming obvious ones covered - will work on the problem ones.
by forest26
21:10 Sat 23 Jun 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: 1991/92 Double Horizontal
Replies: 18
Views: 1724

Re: 1991/92 Double Horizontal

Hi Alex

Can you add me please.

Cheers

Tony
by forest26
15:44 Tue 05 Jun 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.
Replies: 115
Views: 11583

Re: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.

On the brighter side I am quite excited by some of the others
by forest26
14:42 Tue 05 Jun 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.
Replies: 115
Views: 11583

Re: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.

Others all decanted and travelling with me to B&F now.
by forest26
14:37 Tue 05 Jun 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.
Replies: 115
Views: 11583

Re: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.

jdaw1 wrote:
22:39 Mon 04 Jun 2018
1867 has several possibilities, most certainly Cockburn, Croft, Dow, Feuerheerd, Graham, Martinez, Sandeman, and Tuke Holdsworth. Perhaps also Gould Campbell, Offley, and Rebello Valente.
Sadly the 1867 has failed! It was a long punt as the level was LS.
I have brought it along anyway.
by forest26
14:02 Mon 04 Jun 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.
Replies: 115
Views: 11583

Re: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.

Tony: can you print on A3? I can do an A3 print if needed. Tony - if you need help pouring I can be there around 5. Mike - Grateful if you can print off as I do not have an A3 printer. Help would be most welcome. Please confirm that you are able to bring A3. In a slightly more organised parallel un...
by forest26
16:33 Fri 01 Jun 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.
Replies: 115
Views: 11583

Re: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.

Christopher wrote:
18:09 Tue 29 May 2018

Can I please adopt for this very specialist excellent
Tasting
Many thanks
Christopher
Hi Christopher
Most are adopting - I sent a PM to you. I'll send a copy to your regular email.
Have a great weekend.
by forest26
16:15 Fri 01 Jun 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.
Replies: 115
Views: 11583

Re: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.

jdaw1 wrote:
14:18 Fri 01 Jun 2018
I donʼt have access to my home email. Please could somebody send the food order to the B&F?
Just got back and forwarded the food order to the B&F.

Having trouble locating the FG68 others secure.

Looking forward to this.
by forest26
20:12 Mon 28 May 2018
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tue 5th June - Vintage with an '8' theme.
Replies: 115
Views: 11583

Re: Place holder for June 6/7th Vintage with an '8' theme.

Hi Julian Thank you for organising the food. On the placemats Please can you remove the N78 and substitute an RO58. We are a little short on 1800's so I have an unknown (believed) 1877 vintage I would like to add - This is a low shoulder bottle from the christies dec auction - so seems like a good p...