Search found 150 matches

by forest26
08:22 Wed 13 Sep 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thursday 28th September - Anyone Free?
Replies: 17
Views: 430

Re: Thursday 28th September - Anyone Free?

Sorry - I cannot make it. - I have foolishly entered Arras-Alsace cycle challenge and Thurs is day 1. Hope to catch up at the next one.
by forest26
22:11 Mon 04 Sep 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thursday 7th September - Confirmed
Replies: 27
Views: 801

Re: Thursday 7th September - Confirmed

Sorry Gents - I can no longer make this - gutted!
Have a great evening.
Tony
by forest26
08:31 Mon 21 Aug 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thursday 7th September - Confirmed
Replies: 27
Views: 801

Re: Thursday 7th September ?

I should be OK for this.
by forest26
20:55 Sun 06 Aug 2017
Forum: Selling Port
Topic: Martinez 1987 vintage port
Replies: 5
Views: 396

Re: Martinez 1987 vintage port

Pm sent to AHB
by forest26
19:14 Sun 06 Aug 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Summer Thirst, Wednesday 9th August 2017
Replies: 51
Views: 1772

Re: Summer Thirst, Wednesday 9th August 2017

Sorry for the slow reply

Starter Parma ham and melon
Main - grilled chicken with a side of chips
by forest26
16:01 Tue 25 Jul 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tuesday 19th December - 77@40
Replies: 26
Views: 1270

Re: Tuesday 19th December - 77@40

Oh... and new Cockburn 1977.
by forest26
15:59 Tue 25 Jul 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Tuesday 19th December - 77@40
Replies: 26
Views: 1270

Re: Tuesday 19th December - 77@40

I have most of the usual suspects and also Kopke (Q. St Luiz), SWH, Niepoort, GC, RO (Q. de Corval), S, QH
It would be a good idea if you let me know soon what you would like me to bring.
by forest26
07:53 Sun 09 Jul 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Summer Thirst, Wednesday 9th August 2017
Replies: 51
Views: 1772

Re: Summer Thirst

Works for me...
by forest26
13:47 Fri 09 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

Simon

Gutted to hear about your nightmare. I do hope everything works out OK.
The Fg showed well and everyone insisted on rebating you for it so please PM me your payment details.

catch up soon.
by forest26
16:24 Thu 08 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

Don't forget you will need to come in from the Union Street end - the other side is still blocked off.
by forest26
15:01 Thu 08 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

jdaw1 wrote:
17:20 Wed 07 Jun 2017
jdaw1 wrote:
13:35 Tue 06 Jun 2017
Because the result of Thursday’s election isn’t clear in advance, I will need to return to the office in time for the 10pm exit polls. So, for me please, slightly small pours.
Cancel that. Not needed in office. I’ll be a full regular non-meanness usual attendee.
Full pours noted
by forest26
14:19 Thu 08 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

All 67s at B&F now decanted. I'll be back around 16:00 hrs
by forest26
07:24 Thu 08 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

[quote=jdaw1 post_id=104928 time=<a href="tel:1496866100">1496866100</a> user_id=10] [quote=forest26 post_id=104893 time=<a href="tel:1496763577">1496763577</a> user_id=9993]Noted re: pours - Please note that DG is Dia G not Derek. All printed otherwise. In future please let me know before printing...
by forest26
17:49 Wed 07 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

Hi Julian Noted re: pours - Please note that DG is Dia G not Derek. All printed otherwise. Does that mean that there’s an error, which should be corrected? Or that you have printed and it’s too late? Or, confusingly, both? I have already printed this off - so let's leave it. Ps love the flower powe...
by forest26
17:47 Wed 07 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

jdaw1 wrote:
12:42 Wed 07 Jun 2017
forest26 wrote:
16:39 Tue 06 Jun 2017
Hi Julian
Noted re: pours - Please note that DG is Dia G not Derek. All printed otherwise.
Does that mean that there’s an error, which should be corrected? Or that you have printed and it’s too late? Or, confusingly, both?
I have already printed this off - so let's leave it.
by forest26
16:39 Tue 06 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

Hi Julian
Noted re: pours - Please note that DG is Dia G not Derek. All printed otherwise.
by forest26
06:43 Mon 05 Jun 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

Thank you for the placemats

Every thing is good at the moment. B&F are getting some more glasses. I'll be there midday to decant.

The only issue is that they do not do the creamed spinach any more.
by forest26
15:23 Wed 31 May 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

jdaw1 wrote:
00:00 Wed 31 May 2017
Placemats updated. There is still a mystery person labelled ‘Industry Guest’. Do we yet know more?
I was hoping a representative of the Symington family would attend. Sadly not to be.

There should only be the 14 listed at the top of the thread.
by forest26
10:40 Tue 30 May 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

First post updated with contributors Julian - Please can we have a placemat for the Vintage Ports (and Crusted) only - there will not be enough glasses. The colhietas will be on a separate table to "free pour" after the judging has been done. Apart from the NN, D67 and a couple of Colheitas (which a...
by forest26
17:23 Mon 29 May 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

A big thank you to Charles Symington who has donated a bottle of D67 from the family's private cellar. The final line up (and what a line up!) is listed on the first page. I will email/PM tomorrow(Ish) with final joining instructions - there are a few of you who have not given me your menu choices (...
by forest26
22:27 Sat 27 May 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

WS1 wrote:
08:35 Wed 24 May 2017
Just checking, I will bring a Mz67 to the tasting (my contribution) as well as 1bt of Ck67 for the other Wolfgang. Please confirm.

regards

WS1
Yes please....
by forest26
11:58 Sun 21 May 2017
Forum: Port Conversations
Topic: Quantifying opacity in TNs
Replies: 34
Views: 3972

Re: Quantifying opacity in TNs

Great Idea Julian - This is something I have always struggled with.
by forest26
15:17 Sat 20 May 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

First Post updated with amendments.
- Guest list modified
- Tv (OB) OB added to the wine list.
- Ms(Col) dropped from the list as it will not arrive in time.

There is also a chance that we may have a unique port from a Symington family bottling.
by forest26
15:09 Sat 20 May 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017
Replies: 155
Views: 7450

Re: Thu 08 Jun - 67@50 2017

forest26 wrote:
22:54 Thu 18 May 2017
Hi Axel

Sorry - I assumed that your +1 was not coming. Fortunately I did not fill the space. I will update this tomorrow
Axel - I have added Wolfgang to the list - Can you send me his email via PM so that I can get his menu choice - I have put him does for the Ck 67 - adopted from you.
by forest26
15:02 Sat 20 May 2017
Forum: Organising Tastings and Get-togethers
Topic: Wednesday 24th May - ABV
Replies: 33
Views: 1678

Re: Wednesday 24th May - ABV

Sorry I will now be in Wales during the day and I (and my +1) can no longer make this event.